Most American households have debt, but it’s a thin line between an amount of debt that’s easy to handle and too much debt. So how do you figure out if you’re at the point of having too much debt?
Here are some ways to determine if you’re having a debt issue.
- You make regular payments, but your debt doesn’t decrease.
- You live paycheck to paycheck without leftover money.
- You bypass contributing to a 401k plan or another retirement fund to have money.
- You don’t have an emergency fund (at minimum, you should have $500).
- You use credit cards for cash advances.
If you find yourself checking off more than one of these, then you might want to start looking into your spending habits and living a little more frugally.
Image via WalletHub.